Book Review Guidelines
- Journal of Global Analysis (JGA) aims to publish book reviews on a wide range of topics. JGA is a multi-disciplinary peer-reviewed journal focuses on the interconnected subfields within International Relations; such as international security, international political economy, international organisations, foreign policy analysis, etc. The primary purpose of JGA is to provide short, reader-friendly, scholarly and up-to-date book reviews from different disciplines to its readers in a timely manner.
- Reviewers are not entitled to receive any payments for their book reviews from JGA and its publisher, Centre for Strategic Research and Analysis (CESRAN). All rights are reserved to JGA and CESRAN.
- Book reviews are no longer than 1000 words per book.
- A Review should be headed with a bibliographic citation for the book including the author, title, location of publication, publisher, date, ISBN, pages and price, in line with the following example:
Constantine Arvanitopoulos (ed.), Turkey’s Accession to the European Union: An Unusual Candidacy, (Berlin Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag, 2009, ISBN: 978-3-540-88196-4, 215 pp., £72.00 hb.)
There is no set structure upon any reviews, however, there should be a balance between providing a non-evaluative overview of the content of the book and a critical evaluation. Use the first half of the review to tell readers what the book is about: its fundamental argument; its approach; the topics, countries or cases the author analyses; and what kind of readers the book is aimed at. Use the remainder of the review to give an assessment of how well it succeeds. Does the author succeed in his/her goals? Is the book innovative or noteworthy in theory, method or empirical work? Are there gaps or anomalies in its coverage? How plausible are the author’s arguments? Is the book well written?
- For the style guidelines see author and style guidelines.
- Please include your name and institutional affiliation (if any) at the end of the review.
- To submit a book review to Journal of Global Analysis, please prepare a Word document and send it as an email attachment to Dr. Rahman Dag at rahman.dag [@] cesran.org.
- Authors will be required to sign a Copyright Assessment Form (please click here to download) and send it to the editor.
Thank you for your contributions.